Lime and Ginger Cod with Giant Couscous

Lime and Ginger Cod with Giant Couscous- Cod fillets, delicately flavoured with lime and ginger and served on a bed of giant couscous (also known as Israeli Couscous) with tomato and red pepper.


Lime and Ginger Cod with Giant Couscous is a recipe that I have been fiddling with for a couple of weeks. The cous cous was delicious first time, but the marinade for the cod needed some work. It was just a touch too much on the citrus side and needed a wee bit of sweetness to balance it out.

I'm a huge fan of lime and ginger. It's one of my favourite flavour combinations. I have used it with turkey steaks for a long time so, one day when I was pondering how to jazz up cod fillets, I thought why not? The problem is that cod is such a delicately flavoured fish that the lime overwhelmed it a little. A teaspoon of honey did the trick and took the edge off the sharpness. Honey, lime, ginger and some chilli flakes worked really well as a marinade.

Having the cod with couscous is a welcome change from rice. I absolutely love giant couscous (sometimes called Israeli couscous). In this recipe, it's combined with tomato, peppers, onion and garlic. I like it served with this fish, but it would make a nice side-dish to a lot of different recipes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge