Choc-Chip Banana Bread

We got back from holiday last week to an empty fridge. This is because I like to be organised when I go on holiday, using everything up, giving away anything still in date that hasn't been used. We had booked a supermarket delivery in the last couple of days of the holiday, so we knew food would be arriving shortly after we got back.

There was one thing that had escaped my attention in the big clear out though- the fruit bowl! So, there were 2 totally black bananas staring back at me when I went in the kitchen. That coupled with half a packet of chocolate chips meant banana bread was on the agenda. With everything else going on that day, I didn't get round to doing it until 10pm! A bit of late-night baking runs in the family. My mum is always doing it.

Banana bread keeps so well, you can store it for several days in an air-tight tin.

For other 'using up ripe banana' recipes, click here: Banana recipes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge