Mocha cupcakes- cupcakes with a light mocha sponge and chocolate icing on top. Perfect for afternoon tea or parties. It's that time of year again at work (parents' evening) where I try to do my bit and provide cake for all the teachers doing a 12-13 hour day. It's amazing how much a little bit of cake can cheer you up when you're exhausted and feel like you've talked the hind leg off a donkey! So far, over the years, I have made blueberry doughnut muffins, lime and coconut cupcakes , chocolate brownie cupcakes and lemon drizzle cupcakes . I spent a while pondering what flavours to do this time and finally settled on Mocha cupcakes. I'm a bit of a funny fish with coffee things. I don't really like coffee as a drink. I would choose tea every time, given the chance! An occasional latte is about my limit. However, when it comes to coffee flavoured things, I'm straight in there! Coffee truffles, coffee ice cream, coffee cake- all winners for me. Part of lov...
I've been AWOL for the last 2 weeks, as it's been half-term and before that work was VERY busy! I have barely done any cooking or baking during this time because we have been out and about and staying with family. The only exception was making a fruit crumble with my niece, who became fixated with the idea of blackberry crumble after seeing it in a children's tv programme. A bit awkward when blackberries are going oput of season, but the freezer section saved the day! Once we got back, I had itchy fingers to make something, anything food-related! My husband requested pumpkin pie- very seasonal with Halloween around the corner and Thanksgiving on the way. Luckily, I had some tins of pumpkin puree handy as my mum had brought some back from America thanks to our family friends from Texas. I am a big fan of pumpkin pie myself. The first time I ate it was in Norway, where we were living at the time, were at a Thanksgiving party throw by some American neighbours. I vividly reme...
Comments
Post a Comment