Quick Summer Fruits Crumble

Quick Summer Fruit Crumble- a quick summer dessert using blueberries, raspberries and blueberries. Serve it up with ice cream or custard. Use frozen fruit if you can't get fresh.

Quick Summer Fruit Crumble pinnable image
Jump to Recipe

I am so ready for Summer to come round the corner, so I can put away my winter wardrobe, plant up up my garden and start carrying my sunglasses wherever I go. I want to eat strawberries, avocados and salad and sit in the garden on sun-loungers. Doesn't seem like much to ask, but summer is being quite contrary...

One of the other great things about summer is all the delicious fruit that comes into season- strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, apricots, blackcurrants, nectarines. I love it all! We're not quite in the season for those fruits yet in the UK, although some early British strawberries are knocking around. I use the BBC Good Food Season Table to keep an eye on when I'll be able to find the fruit I want.

In my determination to bring summer on, I decided to make a Quick Summer Fruit Crumble for dessert, using the fruit that I could find. I mixed raspberries, blackberries and blueberries together in the bottom of a ceramic dish and poured the crumble mixture over the top. No pre-cooking and no peeling required makes it a super-quick crumble to make!

There are some nice summer fruits available now, but from June, you should be able to buy British- even better.


Summer fruits in an ovenproof dish and a portion of crumble in a bowl

Looking for more Crumble recipes?

Rhubarb and Apple Crumble
Traditional Apple Crumble

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge