Slow Cooker Shoulder of Lamb

Slow Cooker Lamb Shoulder- lamb, slow cooked with rosemary, thyme, garlic, potatoes and carrots until it's juicy and falling apart. A delicious alternative to your normal Sunday roast, and a lot less effort for the cook!



Jump to recipe

Last week, I spotted that Lamb Shoulder was on offer when I was doing my online shopping. I don't cook a lot of lamb but whenever I do eat it, I love it, so I ordered some. When it arrived, I laughed because it was such a tiny, wee cut of lamb shoulder. I had made the classic online food shopping error of not checking the weight- 400g! Oh well, it was the perfect size for two.

Lamb shoulder is best slow cooked, until it's soft and juicy and can be pulled apart easily you find will talk about slow cooking it in the oven, but I always prefer the slow cooker. It's more economical and it means I can use my oven for other things at the same time as cooking the meat, if I want to. I tend not to move away from the classic complimentary flavours for lamb- garlic and rosemary because they just work so beautifully. But I also added thyme, cider vinegar and red wine vinegar. The juices at the end of the cooking made a delicious, sweet, tangy gravy when the meat and veg were lifted out and a few gravy granules were added.

This slow cooker lamb shoulder recipe is suitable for a family meal. Just make sure you buy the right weight for the number of people! For a family of 4, you ideally need 800g-1kg. Add some stuffing and some Yorkshires and you've got Sunday dinner!


Looking for another slow cooker lamb recipe?

Slow Cooker Lamb Madras






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge