Seeded Wholemeal Bread Rolls

Seeded Wholemeal Rolls


Do you ever make your own bread? I first made some when I was at university and I remember being very proud of it! It was a lovely white crusty loaf. The only problem was that the crust was quite salty and I suspect that I hadn't followed the recipe I was given correctly. I was a bit slap-dash in those days!

I didn't make bread all that often after that day but, when I was getting married, I took the opportunity to put a breadmaker on my wedding gift list. My lovely sister and brother-in-law were kind enough to buy it for me (ahem, I mean us!). It was one of my most favourite gifts and it made me so happy when my sister was pregnant and craving cinnamon, that I could make her a home-made cinnamon raisin loaf.

It took me a little while to brave making bread rolls, because I was a bit scared of trying things that weren't baked in the breadmaker, particularly getting the second rise of the dough right. It's actually not that scary, you just need to tackle the kneading with confidence and find a suitably warm place for the bread to rise again (not my freezing cold kitchen, then!)

This weekend I made some seeded wholemeal rolls. I wasn't perhaps as careful as I could have been when making the roll shapes, so some of them are a bit rustic looking! I used various seeds that I like in the mixture, but you could switch any of them for a different seed that you personally prefer. We really enjoyed them this week for our work lunches, filled with Very Garlicky Slow Cooker Lemon and Rosemary Chicken, a little mayo and some cherry tomatoes. So delicious!

Don't be scared, have a go- you can do it!

Seeded Wholemeal Rolls Pinnable image



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge