Oaty Double Chocolate Loafcake


Slice of Oaty Double Chocolate Cake


I had a bit of a dilemma when I was designing this recipe. I wanted to make a double chocolate loaf cake BUT... it's January. I'm trying to be healthier, most people are. Is it really a good time to be posting double chocolate cake?!

So, I fiddled about with the recipe to try and make it a bit less indulgent and was really pleased with the result when I added porridge oats. The oats in this cake made it a denser, more filling cake, so a single slice is all you need. You still get a delicious chocolate hit from the cocoa and the chocolate chips too! Everything's automatically healthy if it has oats in. I'm pretty sure that's the rule...

I had a slice with a cup of tea, whereas my husband really enjoyed a big thick slice with hot custard (slightly undoing my attempt to up the healthiness of the recipe!) I think it would make a great after school treat. A slice could probably be split between two children and easily keep them going until teatime!


The Improving Cook Oaty Double Chocolate Cake Pinnable image



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge