Cinnamon Swirl Yoghurt Loaf

Cinnamon Swirl Yoghurt Loaf


On Sunday, I was in the mood to bake and I really fancied something with lots of cinnamon. Cinnamon is such an autumnal flavour, I find it really comforting. It makes me think of apples, fruit crumble with custard, leaves on the turn and splashing through puddles! The very start of Autumn is one one of my favourite times of year because it's still warm enough to venture out without a coat, but the cosy nights are starting to draw in.

To feed my cinnamon cravings, I usually make a batch of Cheat's Cinnamon Swirls, but this time I wanted to try something different. I decided to make a Cinnamon Swirl Yoghurt Cake. It's a cake with a thick golden crust, a moist sponge and cinnamon syrup swirled though it. It's not overtly sweet, so you can easily eat a nice, thick slice without feeling too indulgent.

The cinnamon syrup is made with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. You don't need to swirl too carefully; it really doesn't matter, as long as you get it distributed fairly well through the cake batter.


Cinnamon Swirl Yoghurt Loaf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge