Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake- a moist pumpkin sponge with chocolate chips and sandwiched together with caramel icing. Perfect for a Halloween treat!


I have made some really nice pumpkin cupcakes with chocolate icing in the past, so I thought perhaps a full-sized pumpkin layer cake might work, with similar flavours. Pumpkin puree is so readily available in UK supermarkets now, it's much easier to make pumpkin treats here than it used to be.

This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake is made of two layers of moist pumpkin sponge dotted with dark chocolate chips and a very indulgent caramel filling. It is one of the most delicious cakes I have ever made, if I do say so myself! It would be perfect for Thanksgiving dessert, a Halloween party, or as an alternative Christmas treat.

The caramel icing between the pumpkin cake layers is quite sweet, so I only use a very thin layer of it. You could swap it for a chocolate buttercream or perhaps some whipped cream. That would tone down the sweetness if you prefer it that way.

If you're a bit scared of eating pumpkin, or you think you won't like it, I dare you to try this recipe. I will be amazed if anyone could say that they didn't like it, after trying a slice!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bid a fond farewell TO UNDERARM ODOR FOREVER WITH THESE HOME REMEDIES!

Applesauce Bread with Honey Butter

Pete's Scratch Pancakes