Hearty Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Stew

Hearty Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Stew- a really filling slow cooked beef stew with carrots, potato and haricot beans. Syn-free on Slimming World and just over 300 calories.

Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Stew
Jump to recipe
When you ask someone what they make in their slow cooker, invariably they say 'stew'. It's a slow cooking staple. I have made it quite rarely myself though. I think have been so determined to find other things to make in my slow cooker that I have rather neglected the humble stew!

This week I decided to remedy the situation and make a Hearty Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Stew. I had a late meeting coming up and took the chance to put this stew on overnight and portion it out in the morning. It was so nice to walk through the door at 7pm and know that it only needed a quick zap in the micro and it would be ready.

I call this beef and bean stew hearty because it's so filling. As you're using a cheap cut of beef and packing the stew with veg and beans, it's also very low cost to make. Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Stew is also perfect to make in big batches for the freezer.

I used carrots and haricot beans as the main bulk of the stew, but you could easily swap them out for parsnips and borlotti beans, for example. Whichever beans take your fancy! I also included potatoes, but if I was intending to make a big batch for lunch, rather than dinner, I'd be tempted to leave out the potatoes and serve it with a big hunk of crusty bread instead. Beef Shin is my suggestion for the beef, but any beef stewing steak will work.

I can see this Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Stew recipe becoming a bit of a winter staple for me. Hope it will be for you too!


Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Stew- image for Pinterest



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bid a fond farewell TO UNDERARM ODOR FOREVER WITH THESE HOME REMEDIES!

Applesauce Bread with Honey Butter

Pete's Scratch Pancakes