Lemon and Garlic Giant Couscous Salad


Lemon and Garlic Giant Couscous Salad- a fresh zesty salad, the perfect side dish for your buffet or BBQ.

Jump to Recipe
This giant couscous salad was one of my offerings at a family party. This weekend was supposed to be my husband's birthday lunch at a local restaurant. After all the organising to get everyone in one place at one time, at the last moment we realised it was the local regatta. Chances of finding a parking space for the booking we had made, were very slim, so on Saturday we cancelled and I started a bake/cook-a-thon to make lunch for everyone at home!

I made home-made bread rolls with various fillings, lemon cakes, chocolate cheesecake brownies, home-made houmous, and potato salad with bacon.


I was looking for something that would be suitable as a side dish and would double up for people watching their weight, as we had a couple of guests who were in that mode and I know it's difficult. I love side dishes. I am always attracted to them at BBQs, possibly more than the mains. This time I wanted something fresh and full of veggies to counter-balance the mini meat pies, sandwiches and cake!


This giant couscous salad is just that- fresh, zesty and the perfect dish to have 'on the side'. It's a lovely combination, with the softness of the couscous pearls and the crunch of salad veggies. I got a bit carried away with the catering for the birthday tea, so I have half of the salad left over. I am really looking forward to having it for my work lunch tomorrow.



This recipe is Slimming World Friendly if you leave out the oil- in which case don't make it too far ahead as it will become 'claggy' without the oil.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bid a fond farewell TO UNDERARM ODOR FOREVER WITH THESE HOME REMEDIES!

Applesauce Bread with Honey Butter

Pete's Scratch Pancakes