Cappuccino Brownies

The improving cook- Cappuccino brownie


These cappuccino brownies were made for my dad, the biggest coffee-lover that I know!

On Father's Day weekend, I went to stay with my dad so we could meet up with my sister and her family for brunch at Giraffe. During the day, he was busy gardening in between watching the Euros, and, not being much of a football fan, I got the baking itch. I wanted to make something for him that he would really like. He always denies that he has a sweet tooth, which everyone in the family knows is a lie, but there are some flavours he particularly does like. Ginger, lemon and coffee would always be winners.


I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with coffee. I don't mind the occasional latte, I love coffee flavoured baked goods, and espresso ice cream is just gorgeous. But I hate instant coffee as a drink. I hate the after-taste. I don't even really like 'proper' coffee for the same reason. Give me a nice cup of strong tea any time! My Dad on the other hand, loves swish coffee. He has the fancy machine and the different types of coffee beans and all of that. So, for that reason, I decided to bake something with a coffee flavour for him, and cappuccino brownies seemed perfect.


These cappuccino brownies are not too squidgy and they have that lovely shiny crackled top that you always hope for with a good brownie. They turned out beautifully, and my dad enjoyed eating them, which is the important thing! I left him the whole batch, and he froze some for another time.


So next time you need something for the coffee-lover in your life, give these a whirl. I promise you won't be disappointed!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge