Sweet, Smoked Paprika Chicken


Do you go through phases of being totally uninspired by what to make for dinner? I do every now and again, and last week was one of those times. I was stood in front of the meat cabinet in the supermarket for ages just staring- beef, pork, bacon, chicken, turkey... I briefly turned round and looked at the fish, and then back to the meat. No ideas and I didn't fancy anything we usually make. In desperation I bought chicken breasts, thinking- there's always something you can do with chicken breasts!

At home I then stood staring into the cupboard, hoping for inspiration, an unopened bottle of smoked paprika caught my eye. My Dad loves smoked paprika, but I haven't really ever used it. The idea of BBQ flavours seemed a good one, so I thought honey would work as the sweet to match the smoky flavour of the paprika.

It's definitely one of my favourite chicken marinades, of those I have made recently. I really want to try it with slow cooked chicken as I just have a feeling that it will be amazing!

We had this chicken with new potatoes and broccoli, but it will definitely work with rice. Give it a try next time you're uninspired!


Sweet Smoked Paprika Chicken

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge