Beef Mince Hot Pot

Beef Mince Hot Pot- a twist on the traditional hot pot, very easy to make for a filling family meal. Low fat beef mince, carrots and peas topped by sliced potato. Syn-free on Slimming World.



Jump to recipe

Last week, I was in a real hurry to get out the door on one of the days, so I wouldn't miss my bus to work, so I didn't have time to think about what we would have for dinner. I just grabbed a pack of mince from the freezer to defrost and raced off. On the way home, I was trying hard to be inspired by something to make that was a bit different from the usual mince rcipe. So, not chilli (chilli recipe), not cottage pie, not lasagne or bolognese (bolognese recipe).

I decided on a twist on the traditional hotpot. So, instead of chunks of lamb or beef, I used mince. I left the skin on the potatoes, because why not, and it turned out very well. My husband wolfed it down- there were leftovers for lunch and I would make it again! It would also freeze well, if you wanted to make it ahead of time, and I'm pretty sure that some grated cheese on the top would be amazing.


2 images of beef mince hot pot cooked, with a text label between

Looking for more recipes with a sliced potato top?
Garlic Chicken and Leek Potato Bake
Salmon and Broccoli Potato Bake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Viennese Whirls

Ultimate Mince Pies

Traditional Jam and Coconut Sponge