Slow Cooker Parsnip and Ginger Soup

I really like parsnips, but they only really grace my menus for Sunday lunch, roasted. I love the sweet, nutty flavour they have. Recently, we were eating at a steak restaurant and the only starter on the menu that I felt in the mood for, was parsnip soup. Three of us ended up ordering it. It was a very simple parsnip soup with a bit of cracked black pepper on the top and some garlic bread on the side. It was so good, that I could have gone home happy right then, never mind about the steak!

Inspired, I bought a big bag of parnsips and set about making some kind of soup with them. Ginger is often put with carrot, another sweet vegetable, so I thought it was worth a try with parsnip. I really enjoyed the kick it gave the soup; it felt like the perfect kind of soup that would do you good if you had a cold!

If you're doing Slimming World, this recipe is "syn" free if you switch ginger paste for ginger powder or fresh ginger.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bid a fond farewell TO UNDERARM ODOR FOREVER WITH THESE HOME REMEDIES!

Applesauce Bread with Honey Butter

Pete's Scratch Pancakes